Friday, April 19, 2013

Latest Amazon Book Review

Smiley emoticon reading bookI have led a very sheltered life, so I was amazed at what I learned from this book. I am so impressed at what the author has done. I am counting my blessings more than ever. God has blessed me so much. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because the stories of the women in Part 2 are so disturbing and some people may have a really hard time getting through them. If you can handle it, though, they are seriously fascinating and heart wrenching. I truly admire the courage of the women and the writing style of the book. I agree that you can be laughing one minute and crying the next. The book totally kept my attention. I have a mentally ill son and that has given me a much greater understanding and compassion for those suffering from brain disorders. This book has given me a different outlook on those who are behind bars. They must be accountable for the choices they have made, but they are still loved by God and should be by us as well. We can hate the sin but love the sinner. God bless Linda for bringing these stories to light. And God bless all those who have lived the life of "Block 12." Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment