Monday, May 20, 2013

Writings from Prison - Visible Scars


 






My Inmate I.D.
by Eulie

A visible scar . . . I have many.
Let's start with the one that literally weighs less than one ounce.
It's made of polypropylene and fiberglass - the dimension is 8 1/2 X 5. . . .
Approximately 1 cm wide, inflexible.
If tampered with, it's liable to part in halves.
Occasional use of swiping has caused several tracings and indentations.
The shade? It appears  to be off-white, blanc that bleeds into the color rouge, noir avec jaune.
What a waste of rich colors.
The vertical barcode contains the apparent visible data -
A stoic image of me is a reminder of my reality,
A friendly reminder, if you will of the consequences of my action.
I'm instructed to have this object in my possession at all times.
What a shame that my state I.D. is not visible to you right now!.     

No comments:

Post a Comment