Monday, July 11, 2011

BOOK REVIEW

From:
Gail Grenier Sweet
WOW - What a bite reality is!
I  have led some writing workshops at a women's county jail, so I had an idea about what I was in for when I picked up Linda's book. However, the second half of the book blew my mind. The last 11 of the 22 chapters are first-person accounts written by jailed/imprisoned women of all ages and backgrounds. After I read them, I thought, "How do you ever pull yourself out of that morass?" Each woman wrote about a slightly different hell of a morass, including beyond-rough upbringings, abuse, and addiction. The message is clear... when you're so low that down seems up to you, there's only one ladder out: FAITH. Thank you Linda, for your honesty regarding your own faith journey... and for being a door through which these women may walk into our lives. - Gail Grenier
* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment