Thursday, December 23, 2010

When God Calls Us



Merry Christmas to all of my faithful blog readers. It is always a pleasure to connect with you and to hear your comments about jail and prison ministry.

* * * * *


I received a Christmas card today from a nurse friend who wrote a note appologizing for not participating in our jail ministry. She said that she had not been quite honest with me about her reasons, then went on to say she had negative feelings about the things some people in prison do to others and to society and couldn't quite get past those feelings. She also said she didn't want me to be disappointed in her.

I believe God has a job for each of us to do and we are not all called to do the same thing. That is what's so beautiful and exciting about life! There are so many ways to serve Him. My dear friend, you minister to the sick and dying and what a gift you have for ushering people into eternal life with Jesus Christ. Don't ever feel you have disappointed me-or anyone for that matter.

I was "called" to jail ministry and I'm still trying to figure out why God would choose me. I did not want to go - it was more like being dragged through the door kicking and screaming. I ignored Him for awhile, but he kept after me. Finally, a friend told me I'd better go to the jail and see what God wanted. . . and the rest of the story is in the book. You can read a few chapters FREE on Kindle.






Just click on the link above, then click on send sample now.

God bless all of you and Merry Christmas!

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment