This past week, when I met with my two friends, Pamela and Joy, they discussed the difficulties they were experiencing on the outside. Their frustrations in finding employment were at the top of the list.
- The time spent in prison did not prepare them for taking care of themselves once they were out.
- Employers no longer considered them as candidates for jobs.
- Tax deductions and Federal bonding programs were not recognized by employers as a benefit.
- They have no place to live because they have no income.
- They must pay their parole officer a monthly fee - even when they are not working.
Read more at: http://www.TheWomenOfBlock12.com.