Monday, October 22, 2012

Escaping The Cauldron

Escaping the Cauldron: Exposing occult influences in everyday life

Escaping the Cauldron: Exposing Cult Influences in Everyday Life
 by Kristine McGuire

In 2011, Kristine McGuire was kind enough to post a review of my book The Women of Block 12: Voices from a Jail Ministry on her blog -  Kristine Remixed -  a Christian resource for those who have questions about the occult.

In turn, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of her book Escaping the Cauldron and just finished reading it on Kindle. I definitely recommend this as a 'must read.'

I have personally never been interested in the occult, because I believe it is an area that Christians should avoid, at all costs. But I do have a few friends that like to dabble in things like checking horoscopes, having their fortunes read, and an outright fascination with TV shows featuring mediums. My cautions to them have been vague statements about the Bible saying 'thou shalt not indulge in such practices'. And my advice has been ignored - probably because I didn't sound too convincing!

If you, like me, have only a surface understanding of the occult, it's dangers, and why the Bible forbids these practices, Kristine will set you straight. Her book is written from personal experience - she once called herself a Christian Witch -  and she has first-hand knowledge of the many subtle and not-so-subtle practices that cross the line and open the door to evil.

Well written, informative, and practical.
 Buy Escaping the Cauldron on Amazon.





3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Linda, for your review of Escaping the Cauldron. I'm so glad it's been a useful resource for you and given you information to help your friends with more understanding and boldness. I truly appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had written a book! Have you heard of the Scott Sisters? If not, Google them when time permits. I'm helping them get their story out, which led me back to your blog, which I haven't visited in a while. Glad I dropped by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you dropped by too. I would be happy to post something about the Scott sisters. Is their book finished? Would you like me to review your book?

      Delete