Sunday, June 5, 2011

Joyful Souls After Care Group

Friday, June 3rd marked the beginning of a new program offered by our St.Vincent dePaul jail ministry. Ten women gathered to form a support group for women who hve been in jail or prison. This will be a weekly affair - every Friday night - at the new St. Vincent dePaul Store on Sunset Drive in Waukesha, WI.
Our goals for the group are to provide:
  • Spiritual support
  • Educational opportunities
  • Resource locator
  • Healthy social relationships
  • A voice in our community
  • Just plain fun!
And we had a lot of fun. It all began with introducing ourselves to the group. . . I thought we'd never stop talking! Given the chance, women have a lot to say.

Next on the agenda was a planning session. We are looking forward to guest speakers, a glamour night, music, drum circles, recipe exchanges, music/sing along, craft classes, and time to volunteer in the SVDP store.

If anyone has more ideas or would like to suggest some guest speakers, programs etc. please contact me in the comment section.

And, by the way, one of our new members suggested the group name, "Joyful Souls." Thank You.


I sought my soul
but my soul I could not see.
I sought my God,
But my God eluded me.
I sought my sisters
And I found all three.
Anonymous

 
I'll keep you posted.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment