Thursday, May 12, 2011

St. Louis here we come. . . .
I have been invited to the National Convocation of Jail and Prison Minisstry, May 15th - 18th in St. Louis. My daughter, Laura, is going with me - actually she'll do most of the driving because she LOVES to travel. I love to travel too - won't tell you how many years it's been since I left Wisconsin - but this is my turn to go!

We'll be staying at the Pear Tree in, lounging in the hot tub, and taking a trolley tour of the city. But, there's also an impressive line-up of speakers:
  • Fr. Gregory Boyle, founder of Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles and author of Tatoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion.
  • Chief Justice William Ray Price, Jr. - Missouri Supreme Court, Chairman of the Missouri Drug Court Commission and Chairman of the National Association of Drug Court Professionals.
  • Randy Steidl - From Death Row to Legislative Halls.

No comments:

Post a Comment