Monday, May 10, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

*
Daily decisions. We all have to make them. Nothing too difficult.

  • What should I wear to the office today?
  • Cheerios or a scrambled egg for breakfast?
  • Should I leave work early to go to an appointment?
  • Which bills to pay first?
  • What can I make for supper tonight?
On the other hand, some decisions are seemingly impossible. An ex-offender friend earns $10.00 an hour. Four dollars goes directly to her supervision on the bracelet. With the remaining $6.00 she must decide:

  • Groceries or gas?
  • Medicine or phone bill?
  • Car repair $600 (so she can get to work) or Leave an abusive partner and pay her own rent?
* * * * * * *
Visit The Women of Block 12 at: http://www.TheWomenOfBlock12.com

* * * * *

1 comment:

  1. I think about these issues - the lack of choices that some women have - every time I am deciding what to wear to teach a class at the women's prison. So many of my decisions are frivolous. We need more women to minister to those who are incarcerated or transitioning. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete