The women of Block 12 added a few of their own thoughts:
Every Woman Should Know
- How to recognize when she needs a break from the current stressful situation before she gets overwhelmed.
- How not to set her goals too high so she doesn't get discouraged - but high enough to feel success.
- You can't trust everyone you encounter.
- There is a better purpose in life than being incarcerated.
- When she needs a man and when she needs space. When she needs someone to do for her and when she can do for herself.
- Who she is, what she wants and a plan to get it.
- It's okay to make mistakes but even better to admit them.
- She's not the only one who's had a broken heart, but she's the only one who can overcome it and move forward.
- It's all right to need friendship - no one likes to be lonely- but you are never alone.
- Her husband may not stand beside her 'til death do us part.'
- Who she is and be secure within her own skin before seeking a permanent relationship.
- When to say 'yes' and when to say 'no.'
- How to let go of things that happened in the past.
- How to forgive herself.
- How to love herself.
- Stability in her life.
- Goals for her future.
- Enough resources of her own without always having to rely on another person.
- Enough guts to go for any position she wants if she's qualified to do so.
- A companion when needed, but a spiritual side that's hers alone.
- A dog or cat. They keep your secrets.
- Time alone to pat herself on the back and know she's appreciated.
* * * * * * * *